Job No: 979406
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:Commercial/Project Finance/Bid Work
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Business Analyst reporting to the Finance Systems Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. You will provide FPM (Forecast, Performance, Monitor) user support as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) and bring together analysis of project actual and forecast performance for monthly reports based on FPM outputs and data from other financial systems.
Some of your duties will include:
- Support FPM users with resolution of FPM faults raised by the Thiess BU SMEs and users through the ICT Service Desk and escalation of issues that cannot be resolved against defined timelines
- Assist with the build of new projects within the FPM tool, including giving direction to best practice for project setup based on guidance from within the broader FPM community
- Provide training to new and existing FPM users, including the building of training material
- Analysis of project actual and forecast financial performance using information from FPM and other financial tools
- Drive understanding of key FPM reports within the projects and wider BU support teams
- Build capability of secondary finance users (Corporate and BUs) to access and understand key project reports
- Assist with building a reporting framework and timetable for FPM
- Interface with internal stakeholders on the outcomes of the analysis to drive resolution of reporting conflicts and comprehension of solutions
What skills and experience do you need?
- Tertiary Qualification in Finance or similar
- Strong background in project financial forecasting
- Have worked with JDE and specifically EIS reporting
- Experience and analysis of financial data with preference for experience with a Business Intelligence tool
- Strong software related problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficient use of MS Word & Excel
- Strong verbal & written communication with the ability to work across multiple stakeholders
When do you need to apply?
Apply online by 5pm, Sunday 20 August 2017.