Senior Maintenance Planner
Job No: 979462
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Senior Maintenance Planner reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The QCoal Northern Hub is situated in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 200 kilometres northwest of Mackay and 6km south of Collinsville.
You will be accountable for the maintenance planning and scheduling function on site as well as assisting in the management of the site maintenance team. You will also be responsible for the management of equipment maintenance systems to ensure the reliable and productive operation of heavy equipment.
Some of your duties will see you:
- 2IC to the maintenance manager
- Lead the preparation, presentation and implementation of project plans and conceptual studies
- Oversee the planning and coordination of monthly, weekly and daily maintenance scheduling activities as it relates to mobile plant
- Plan, coordinate and schedule personnel and resources according to maintenance reports
- Lead the coordination of maintenance shut down activities as it relates to mobile plant and scheduling activities
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of all maintenance activities
What skills and experience do you need?
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance on large scale mining projects
- Proven experience with the implementation of business and continuous improvement projects
- Demonstrated experience with scheduling for servicing and preventative maintenance, repair estimate, forecasting and budgeting of recurring repairs, inspection of repairs and maintaining safety standards
- Mentoring, coaching and the rolling out of training and development plans
- Knowledge of maintenance and planning systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced MS Project skills
- Experience in use of maintenance tools i.e. JDE
How to Apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.