Job No: 979690
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen, Aus - All
Categories:Project Management, Supervisory/Management, Engineering - Mining
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge, optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking a Site Manager for our Lake Vermont Project, where you will have the opportunity to have significant influence on the ongoing performance of one of our largest operations. This key senior management role reports to the SSE/ Project Manager and will be responsible for collaboratively delivering high quality solutions and results.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated outside the town of Dysart in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about two and a half hours drive from Mackay. This is a Monday to Friday role (5/2) with camp accommodation provided.
As part of the site leadership team, you will be initially responsible for the direct management of the following three key functional areas:
- Mining Production
- Technical Services
- Coal Recovery
A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering is essential, as is the ability work effectively with the senior leadership team to ensure the delivery of all business objectives is achieved. Further, as Site Manager, you will perform the role of SSE / Project Manager Delegate as required. Consequently it is expected that you hold or can attain a QLD Senior Site Executive Certificate.
To be successful in this role it is critical you value safety, promote effective teamwork and drive performance to get the most out of the team through a collaborative working environment.
The following skills and attributes will see you succeed in this pivotal role:
- Experience at senior management level from a Mining Contractors perspective.
- Accept that safety is a value that must be at the forefront of how you conduct yourself.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- A proven understanding of the key aspects of large-scale coal mining including people management, plant optimisation, planning, scheduling, cost control and problem solving.
- Possess a capability to sustain a workplace that it is inclusive, engaged, diverse and accountable.
- Recognise the importance of Environmental Stewardship.
- Good working knowledge of HME Plant Operation / Maintenance, Coal Handling and Mining Operational Efficiency.
- Financial and Commercial Acumen with a focus on unit rate performance
- The ability to build and manage relationships with both internal & external stakeholders / authorities.
In reward for your commitment, you will receive a competitive salary package, further career advancement options and benefit from working with other like-minded professionals.
To apply for this role please follow the links below.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.