Operations Training Specialist
Job No: 979692
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Perth
Categories:HR & Training
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Operations Training Specialist, reporting to the Training Manager Australia and Pacific, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. Based at our Office in Perth CBD you will provide leadership, advice and practical support for all training aspects across Thiess’s WA and SA operations.
Thiess Perth Office, Perth CBD
- Champion all applicable training related laws, regulation and statutory obligations at all times
- Provide audit and advisory services to sites to uphold compliance to local and legislative requirements as well as Thiess’ training and development operating model
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to site based training teams
- Oversee quality management of training systems
- Provide support to WA and SA sites as required
- Interface with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to determine training requirements and improvements
- Liaise with sites to identify system, process and technical training opportunities to support project sites into the future
- Act on and facilitate identified opportunities for operational improvement to increase efficiency
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and proficiency in operations and maintenance
- Develop & deliver curricula and training materials
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs to individual learners needs and organisational goals
- Develop new ideas and identify new sources of training to support company future needs.
To be considered for this role you will be a focussed on delivering quality results with a strong emphasis on collaboration and engagement. You will hold a training qualification and a background in Trades, operations or training management and coordination. You should also be adept at:
- Mentoring/coaching to increase skill level of the organisation’s technical trainers
- System and process design and analysis
- Delivering an array of technical and non-technical training
- Experience developing/managing multi-jurisdictional training packages and developing training courses and associated materials
- Auditing and applying critical thinking
- Stakeholder management focussed
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the diversity of the communities in which we operate.