Expressions of Interest - Technical Services Manager
Job No: 979711
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen
Categories:Trades/Maintenance, Production/Operations, Other
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge, optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Thiess is currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Technical Services Managers for new work in Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
As the Technical Services Manager reporting to the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the technical services function to ensure optimisation of mine resources to deliver project production targets in a safe, efficient, cost effective and innovative manner.
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous experience in a technical services senior role
- Extensive experience in a mining engineering environment
- Proven ability to manage a team with positive outcomes
- Can demonstrate positive stakeholder engagement
The following skills will ensure your success in this role:
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse team with specialist skillsets
- Proficient in financial, mine planning and scheduling packages
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Problem solving and lateral thinking
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations, guidelines and Australian standards
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiating and influencing skills
Site based, Monday to Friday roster
How to Apply
To express your interest in this role please follow the below link.
In reward for your commitment you will receive a competitive remuneration, career advancement opportunities and the benefit of working with like-minded professionals.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the diversity of the communities in which we operate.