Job No: 980564
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Newcastle
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keeps us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we’re not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Store Person reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
This role is based on site at Mt Arthur as part of Thiess’s ongoing mining services work.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance with all safety procedures
- Managing inbound and outbound goods
- Keeping the stores in a tidy and safe condition
- Issue parts correctly as required by the maintenance team.
- Run stock reports and determine stock levels, reorder items as required.
- Maintain accurate delivery system receipting
- Strong Safety Focus
- Prior experience in a stores or dispatch role, ideally within a mining environment
- Experience working with heavy earth moving machinery
- Forklift Licence essential
- Good administration and communication skills
- Organised and methodical, with attention to detail
- Experience using JDE or another similar stores control system
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
How do you need to apply?
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.