Job No: 980643
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Bowen Basin
Categories:HR & Training, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Training Coordinator reporting to the HSET Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Thiess' Curragh North Coal Project is located 30km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin and is approximately 20 kilometres north of Wesfarmer's Curragh mine site.
This opportunity is suited to an experienced Training Coordinator who is looking to take the next step in their career; who will be dedicated to the success of our business. If you are focused on promoting consistent and safe work practices, have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment with extensive exposure to mining, we would like to hear from you.
In this role you will coordinate safe, efficient and consistent training for the site team. This role will focus strongly on compliance to ensure that all personnel have adequate skills and competencies to undertake their work safely and efficiently and in accordance with the Safety Health Management System.
- Certificate IV Trainer Assessor, or equivalent qualifications
- Genuine interest in training and developing people, and the ability to effectively manage key stakeholder relations
- Experience managing a training budget
- Experience with operation of heavy earth moving equipment (Dump truck, Watercart, Grader, Dozer, Loader, Excavator)
- Demonstrated ability in creating and maintaining holistic training plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks efficiently
- High proficiency in MS Office software and experience with online training systems
- Commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and patiently convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Extensive experience in a similar role
5 days on, 2 days off roster
How to Apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.