Community & Communications Coordinator
Job No: 980663
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:Communications/Community Relations, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a Community and Communication Coordinator based at our Brisbane Head Office in Southbank. Reporting to the Manager – Social Performance you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate and support the implementation of community and communication initiatives throughout Australia and Pacific as well as provide ongoing guidance to ensure value of programs are maximised in line with the Thiess community and stakeholder engagement strategies and communication requirements.
The primary purpose applies to the following scope:
- Program, event and training coordination
- Community and stakeholder relations
- Preparation of communication materials
- Systems maintenance and administration
- Recording and reporting
What skills and experience do you need?
- A social sciences, humanities, communications, arts university degree and/or post-graduate studies in the areas of business would be beneficial for this role
- Community and stakeholder relations project experience
- Mining or Construction industry experience beneficial
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with people at all levels
- Able to escalate risks and opportunities to the appropriate management levels to ensure they are addressed
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to apply. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.