Human Resources Coordinator
Job No: 980676
Work type:Permanent Part-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An exciting opportunity is available for a HR Coordinator to join our People & Capability team based in our head office in Southbank, Brisbane, supporting the Group HR Manager – International Operations. Engaged on a permanent part-time basis (0.5 FTE), this position will see you:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as role advertisement and shortlisting, reference checks and drafting employment contracts
- Work with the Remuneration & Benefits team for salary and benchmarking data
- Assist with yearly talent management and succession planning programs, as well as subsequent identification of learning and development needs and opportunities
- Provide input into HR project work
- Work with in-country HR teams
- Draw on your HR experience to provide advice and guidance on corporate based employee relations matters
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous experience working in a HR position providing HR advice, coordination and administration
- The ability to work with culturally diverse teams, in-county locals and expat employees
- Previous end-to-end recruitment experience
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with senior levels of management
- Experience with HRIS and Recruitment systems
- Experience working with international operations would be desirable but not essential
International travel will not be a requirement of this role
When do you need to apply?
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved with a leading mining contractor, please apply online by 5pm, Wednesday 24 January 2017.