Job No: 980679
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Regional
Categories:Administration/Support/Secretarial, Mining Maintenance, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our Assets Administrator reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. You will provide comprehensive and professional administration support to the maintenance department.
Lake Vermont Coal Project is an open-cut coal project located outside of Dysart, North Queensland.
Key aspects of this position will see you:
- Work within the Maintenance team to ensure that targets are achieved across the project
- Monthly accruals and reconciliations by required deadlines
- Manage and track all aspects of site equipment fuel and oil consumption on daily basis.
- Manage subcontractor’s timesheets, invoices, payments & ensure information is timely and accurate.
- Allocation of monthly orders for subcontractors
- Input of all Maintenance Department Job Observation Forms.
- Assist in managing maintenance Team quires, uniform orders, payroll etc.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in daily duties
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in the mining or an allied industry and has the following skills:
- Strong administration experience with exposure to a maintenance, mining or heavy industry environment being highly regarded
- High level of Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency in JDE or equivalent business procurement system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Cert III in Business administration or similar (desirable)
5/2 - Monday to Friday
When do you need to apply?
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
Applications close Sunday 21st January 2018
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.