Job No: 980693
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:HR & Training, Other, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Due to significant growth plans, we are currently seeking an experienced Recruitment Advisor to provide high quality "hands on" Recruitment to support our operations in Queensland.
Reporting to the HR Manager-OD & Recruitment, you will have full accountability for the end-to-end recruitment activities for staff and wages positions of a significant mining project in the Bowen Basin.
The end-to end accountabilities of this position will include the following key areas of delivery:
- Drafting of job adverts and compilation of interview guides
- Sourcing and shortlisting of candidates for submission to Hiring Managers
- Significant stakeholder engagement and management
- Proactive approach to sourcing including Linked-In talent pooling, active searches and creating a network of candidates across relevant disciplines
- Assistance of project start up and mobilisation
- Phone-screens, interviews and reference checking is all part of the role
- Effectively managing the candidate records in PageUp
- Creating a positive candidate experience throughout the engagement process
- Some Bulk recruitment campaign management
Your background and experience
- Significant experience in recruiting for major projects in a similar industry
- High-level communication skills and the ability to engage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with recruitment software such as PageUp (essential)
- High level analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide strategy and advice that facilitates effective recruitment practices
- Solid understanding of market trends impacting recruitment and the industry
This is a truly consultative position where you experience and ability to advise your stakeholders will be held in high regard. If you enjoy your work day to be varied, fast paced, diverse and surrounded by supportive colleagues, then this is a great opportunity for you to consider.
Some travel to site in the Bowen Basin will be involved.
What can we offer you?
A portfolio that will expand dependent on ability and progression to Senior Recruitment Advisor for the right individual.
Support from and access to a highly driven and experienced group of peers and senior leaders who will give you the opportunity to carve out and fully own your role.