Asset Specialist - Estimating
Job No: 980932
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:Estimating, Engineering - Other, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Asset Specialist (Estimating) based in our Brisbane office, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The role will primarily involve calculating plant rates and estimates for new open cut mining services opportunities. The role will also include monitoring and updating internal rates and operating budgets.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing plant rates and cost estimates for open cut mining tenders
- Developing master rates and key rate parameters for open cut mining equipment
- Monitoring and updating internal rates and operating budgets
- Providing analysis for the selection of new assets for open cut mining services
- Developing workshop infrastructure designs, and requirements in respect of tooling and support equipment
- Analysing project costs for monthly reviews and tender benchmarking
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant operational and estimating role/s
- Relevant tertiary or trade qualifications
- Macro/VBA experience would be beneficial
- Experience using JDE MMA & Asset Management modules, CATS, Entire and OCDC is preferred
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
When do you need to apply?
If you are interested in this role, please ensure you apply by 5pm, Tuesday 27th February 2018.