Job No: 980963
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our Payroll Officer, reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will work collaboratively with the Payroll team towards delivering high-quality solutions and results in line with our principles. You will ensure all employees are paid in accordance with common law contracts/EBA’s and support the broader Payroll function.
Some of your duties will include:
- Ensure the Payroll Outsource Provider is provided all employee maintenance information in relation to new, current and terminated employees and liaise with Outsource Provider as soon as wages data entry of hours worked (Time Capture Team Wages) has been finalised
- Enter one off payments for staff including preparing redundancy quotations for HR
- Review Payroll for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure costing files are promptly uploaded into JDE
- Answer queries promptly, providing requested information such as Separation Certificates, Payslips, Payment Summaries/RFB Statements
- Assist the Senior Payroll Officer with administration of Auscoal Long Service Leave
- Liaise with Auditors for annual certification
What skills and experience do you need?
- Senior Certificate
- 2 years payroll experience including interpretation of Awards and EBA;s in a diverse environment
- Exposure to Aurion HRIS is desirable or a similar computerised pay system is essential
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Excel, Word & Outlook are essential, and Access is desirable
- Keyboard/Data entry (65 wpm)
- Numeric aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to Integrity
- Motivation to take initiative and always accountable
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, a positive contributor and always strive to provide excellent customer service. Your analysis and problem-solving skills, along with your attention to detail will be highly valued.
When do you need to apply?
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved with a leading mining contractor, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.