Job No: 981838
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Regional
Categories:Engineering - Mechanical, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Mechanical Engineer reporting to the Planning and Engineering Superintendent, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Lake Vermont is situated outside of Dysart, in Northern Queensland.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide engineering and project management support to the maintenance team
- Monitor plant condition, identify unreliable plant, provide reports and recommendations to the maintenance department
- Facilitate RCA investigations
- Mentor development of graduate engineer/s on site
- Develop lift studies, organise and coordinate crane lifts
What skills and experience do you need?
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Two years of experience working as a mechanical engineer in plant maintenance and reliability desirable
- Two years of onsite mining experience desirable
- Experience in plant management and document control systems is highly desirable
- Knowledge of maintenance and planning systems
- Experience of condition monitoring techniques such as oil analysis, vibration analysis and thickness testing.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Project management experience
- Experience in use of a CMMS
Roster & Conditions
- Permanent position with relevant leave entitlements
- 5/2 Roster with full camp facilities available
How to apply
Thiess' employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance and more. We place the health, safety and well-being of our people as our absolute priority and we're focused on ensuring everyone is fit for work and fit for life.
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that is as excited about the important things as you are. Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
Applications Close on Sunday 27th May 2018
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate. For more information on our approach to Diversity and Inclusion, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess