Senior Asset Engineer
Job No: 981850
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:Engineering - Mechanical, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Asset Engineer (Mechanical) to join our Theiss Australia Head Office, based in Brisbane, QLD.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide engineering support and technical advice in development of asset strategies to our Operations and Asset Management teams
- Develop innovative advances in technology aimed at Mining Equipment, fixed Assets and Infrastructure
- Assist with development of mechanical statutory requirements, including regulated inspections of plant and equipment
- Participate in technical reviews on mechanical design and specification of assets
- Provide an engineering support function to all operational sites and facilitate best practice across the various operations
- Provide engineering and technical advice with respect to the safety compliance standards of plant and equipment and recommend improvements where relevant
- Develop and implement changes and improvements to asset management systems, procedures or technologies, ensuring stakeholder engagement
What skills and experience do you need?
- Demonstrated commitment to Thiess principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mining or Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years experience in maintenance operations in the mining industry
- Prior experience in a statutory mechanical role, or equivalent, preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge of mining assets, including mobile equipment and processing plants;
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements, national and international standards, as they apply to plant and equipment in a mining environment
- Proficient in MS Office; familiar with Maintenance Management systems (e.g. JDE) preferred
- Contract management, including suppliers and subcontractors where required;
When do you need to apply?
If you are interested in this role and possess the required skills and experience, please apply online by 5pm, Tuesday 22nd May 2018.