Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Job No: 981869
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Bowen Basin
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Senior Health & Safety Advisor reporting to the HSET Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The QCoal Northern Hub is situated at the northern end of the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 200 kilometres northwest of Mackay and 6km south of Collinsville.
As the Senior Health & Safety Advisor at QCoal Northern Hub you will assist the HSET Manager with the maintenance and effectiveness of the site's Safety and Health Management System. This role will see you:
- Assist with the coordination of all functional safety issues including risk assessments, systems development and the maintenance of relevant records and reports
- Play a pivotal role in the implementation of the injury management process
- Drive a culture of safety and liaise with other departments in the achievement of the site's safety objectives
- Have the experience and willingness to step up into the HSET Manager role from time to time when required
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety
- Experience in rehabilitation coordination
- The ability to facilitate ICAM Investigations
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- S1, S2, S3 and G2
- Strong computer skills
- Great communications skills
8 days on 6 days off
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.