Asset Specialist - Estimating
Job No: 981872
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane, Aus - Perth
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Asset Specialist (Estimator) based in our Perth or Brisbane office, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The role will primarily involve calculating plant rates and providing estimates for new mining services opportunities. The role will also include monitoring and updating internal rates and operating budgets.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Continuously review and improve asset life-cycle cost estimates, considering latest mining product technology, component strategies, financing solutions and historical performance
- Develop master plant rates and key rate parameters for open cut mining equipment
- Monitor and update internal rates and operating budgets
- Provide analysis for the selection of new assets for open cut mining services
- Develop workshop infrastructure specifications and requirements in respect of tooling and support equipment
- Analyse project costs for monthly reviews and tender benchmarking
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years experience in relevant operational roles preferred
- 2+ years experience in estimating or similar technical role
- Relevant tertiary or trade qualifications
- Experience using JDE MMA & Asset Management modules, Entire and Infomine is preferred
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Macro/VBA experience would be beneficial
When do you need to apply?
If you are interested in this role, please ensure you apply by 5pm, Wednesday 30th May 2018. Applicants must have unlimited rights to work in Australia.
Thiess is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. For more information, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess