Job No: 983339
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Bowen Basin
Categories:Other, Mining Maintenance, Supply, Thiess
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge... optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As the Storeperson at QCoal you will assist the Site Senior Storeperson with delivering high-quality solutions and results. Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain the stores efficiently and ensure the Inventory is optimised, so that parts and equipment for mobile fleet and fixed plant are available in order to meet organisational and maintenance targets.
- Perform general administration duties as required to ensure daily performance targets are achieved.
- Ensure efficient operation of the warehouse by coordinating deliveries with carriers and adhering to schedules and deadlines Management of stores inventory and coordination of periodic stock takes
- General housekeeping of warehouse and laydown area
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Proven experience in a stores or dispatch role, ideally within a mining environment
- Experience working with heavy earth moving machinery
- Forklift Licence essential
- Good administration and communication skills
- Organised and methodical, with attention to detail
- Experience using JDE or another similar stores control systems
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Safety focused
Roster and Location
5/2 Monday to Friday roster with full camp facilities provided. The QCoal Northern Hub is situated in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 6km south of Collinsville. Thiess has recently secured a 4-year contract extension at the site until 2022. It is also the gateway to the Whitsundays and the Whitsunday Islands, being so close to the coast!
How to Apply?
In reward for your commitment you will receive a competitive remuneration, career advancement opportunities and you will have the benefit of working with like-minded professionals.
Thiess is an international organisation with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. We leverage the diversity of our workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for our clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to our diverse workforce and align with our cultural values.