Job No: 983352
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Bowen Basin
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Administration Officer reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Thiess' Curragh North Coal Project is located 30km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin and is approximately 20 kilometres north of the Curragh mine site.
The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive and professional administration support to the Curragh North site team. You will be responsible for document control, database management, generating reports and general administration duties.
Key aspects of this position will see you:
- Ensure effective processing of invoices for payment and generation of purchase orders.
- Prepare end of month accruals and reconciliations by required deadlines
- Book conference rooms, prepare agendas and minutes for meetings
- Ensure accurate and timely filing is maintained. Assist with site document control.
- Ability to work with financial reports from JDE as required
- Monitor cost allocation within JDE.
- Daily coverage of reception duties.
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in the mining industry and has the following skills:
- Advanced administrative skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Basic accounting experience
- Data analysis, and have had
- Exposure to JDE
5/2, site based position.
How to Apply
Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment. This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
Thiess is an international organisation with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. We leverage the diversity of our workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for our clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to our diverse workforce and align with our cultural values.