Underground Project Manager
Job No: 983372
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Underground Project Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Site based opportunity at our Leinster Underground Project, working on a 5:2/4:3 roster out of Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Some of your duties will include;
- Provide strategic direction and principal leadership for all activities associated with the successful and sustainable operation of the project
- Accountable for the complete management and delivery of the project
- Responsible for leading the project leadership team and will work closely with the client to ensure successful delivery throughout each phase of the projects
- Promote a culture to ensure full compliance with all applicable Thiess safety standards and procedures
What skills and experience do you need?
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- WA Underground First Class Manager’s Certificate
- Postgraduate in Project Management or similar
- Minimum 5+ years in a similar position utilising your 1st class ticket
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to drive excellence through large teams
- Demonstrated success in an operational leadership position at Project Manager level
- Understanding of relevant Mine Safety legislative and other statutory requirements
- Pragmatic approach to dealing with complex challenges
- Demonstrated resilience in a challenging environment
- Ability to develop strategic relationships and influence key stakeholders and clients
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.