Job No: 983468
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Categories:Supervisory / Management, Production / Operations
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Mining Superintendent reporting to the Mining Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Mt Arthur is located in the Hunter Valley, just outside Muswellbrook. This is a residential role – live 15 minutes from work.
To support our ongoing mining services work at Mt Arthur, this role will be responsible for driving the production team to meet production targets in accordance with the safety management plan.
Some of your duties will include:
- Driving a strong safety culture
- Lead and develop a strong production team
- Work with the project leadership group to ensure production targets are met
- Drive accountability across the production team
- Mentor and coach supervisors/OCEs
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Monitor labour numbers to ensure effective manning and cost effectiveness in production
What skills and experience do you need?
The successful applicant will have significant experience working in open cut mining at the supervisory level along with:
- Working knowledge of NSW Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Act 2013 and Work Health and Safety (mines and Petroleum Sites Regulation 2014)
- Knowledge of WHS act & regs
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering - desirable
- NSW OCE or Mine Managers ticket - Highly desirable.
How to apply
Thiess' employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance and more. We place the health, safety and well-being of our people as our absolute priority and we're focused on ensuring everyone is fit for work and fit for life.
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that is as excited about the important things as you are. Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
Applications Close 3rd August 201
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate. For more information on our approach to Diversity and Inclusion, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess