Job No: 984165
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Our Head Office Operation, located in South Bank Brisbane, has an exciting new opportunity for an Assets Accountant to join the team.
About the role
As our next Assets Accountant - Finance & Governance reporting to the Senior Asset Accountant – Asset Finance & Governance, you will be responsible for the consolidation and analysis of the financial performance of the Global Assets function.
In this role you will:
- Participate, comply and contribute to the effectiveness of company safety activities
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage areas of work within the Asset Finance and Governance Team to ensure accurate reporting
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for all Asset Balance Sheet Accounts
- Consolidate, review, and forecast Asset Financials in multiple systems
- Asset movements
- Provision movements
- Conduct asset financial performance reviews
- Manage overhead cost codes for the Assets business
- Review, report and forecast Inventory financials
- Maintain asset data integrity across all systems
- Liaise with FleetCo on asset movements and financial transactions
- Ensure accurate treatment and reporting for asset-related transactions
- Maintain one source of truth and ensure consistency of information
- Promote efficient and effective ways of using systems and processes to their maximum capability
- Demonstrate your innovation by identifying improvements in the production of the financial & management reports
You will have:
- Bachelor of Business/Commerce majoring in Accounting
- CPA/CA Qualified
- 3 to 5 years post graduate management or finance accounting experience
- Proven ability to build and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in JDE
- Working knowledge of Hyperion & Business Intelligence an advantage
- Accounting Standards knowledge relating to Capital, leasing and provisioning
- Adaptability to changing operations, reporting and systems
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence managers
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday, 21 October 2018 at 5pm