Job No: 985193
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Our operation Thiess Mt Arthur is located in the picturesque Hunter Valley just outside of Muswellbrook.
About the role
As our next Service Person/Crane Operator reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
In this role, you will also:
- Operate Overhead and Franna cranes
- Dogging activities
- Operate the Forklift in a busy work shop environment
- Assist with stores activities
- Assist with general maintenance activities
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in the mining or an allied industry and has the following skills:
- Hold relevant current high-risk work licenses
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely
- Ability to identify risks and determine adequate controls
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to changing circumstances
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Dogman ticket – Essential
- Crane Ticket – CN – Essential
- Forklift ticket – Essential
- Working at Heights – Desirable
- Trainer Assessor - Desirable
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 23rd October 2018