Job No: 985425
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Categories:Supervisory / Management, Mining Maintenance
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Our Muswellbrook and Mt Thorley workshops provide service and rebuild facilities to our Hunter Valley Thiess mining operations, as we mobilise several sites.
About the role
As the Workshop Manager you will be responsible for coordinating all activities across New South Wales located off site build and repair workshops in accordance with legislative requirements, Thiess procedures and OEM recommendations.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Building a strong and collaborative work team.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high standard of safety leadership.
- Drive a high-performance culture across the sites.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant Stakeholders.
- Striving for continuous improvement and ensuring assets are managed effectively to achieve budgets and time frames.
- Managing employment requirements including recruitment and retention of the workforce
- Understanding and enforcing statutory compliance obligations.
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving individual with a focus on building a collaborative and high performing culture within and across your work team. You will have;
- A strong people focus with the ability to drive a high performing team and build strong relationships on all levels of the organisation.
- Extensive experience in mining maintenance working at management level with a track record of delivering above average results.
- Experience in Managing large offsite workshops and repairs.
- A strong client relationship focus.
- Knowledge of relevant mining related legislation including knowledge of relevant NSW DII MDG’s and codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Monday 19th November 2018