Job No: 985450
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Categories:Engineering - Mining
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Mt Owen Coal Mine is located 25 km’s north-west of Singleton in the picturesque Hunter Valley, currently producing over 8 million tons of run of mine (ROM) coal per annum.
About the role
As a valued member of our Technical Services team the Drill and Blast Engineer, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results. You will be responsible for delivering drill and blast design and planning requirements of the project.
In this role, you will but are not limited to:
- Drill pattern design
- Initiation designs
- Blast reconciliation
- Optimisation projects
- Provide advice to production personnel on the required drill and blasting needs
- Work with key stakeholders on short term planning and operational issues
- Communicate any changing plans across the wider team
- Work closely with the Short Term and Long Term planners to provide adherence to the mine plan
- Develop strong working relationships with the operations team
We need someone who is keen to learn through seam blasting, If you have recently completed a graduate program and have some experience that would be of benefit but not essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar
- Previous experience in an Open Cut mining environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with Vulcan or mine design software
- A commitment to the best practice of health and safety at all times
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Wednesday 21st November 2018