Auto Electricians - Curragh
Job No: 985463
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD Bowen Basin
Categories:Trades - Tyre fitter
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess' Curragh Coal Project is located 10 km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin.
About the role
As our next Auto Electrician reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
In this role you will:
- Perform auto electrical repairs and maintenance of mobile mining equipment in accordance with Thiess maintenance and safety procedures
- Service and maintain mobile mining equipment air conditioning systems in compliance with ARC standards
- Attend to field breakdown situations
- Carry out planned maintenance and servicing of equipment systems.
- Source and utilize technical information, technical bulletins, OEM procedures and data from various sources.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping at all times
- Conduct regular inspections of fleet to maximise equipment availability
- 7/7 rotating shift roster
- 12-hour day & night shifts
- Permanent position
- Camp facilities provided
- No flights/No FIFO provided for this position.
- Electrical trade qualification
- Caterpillar and Liebherr experience essential
- Air conditioning accreditation and experience essential
- 3+ years post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earth moving industry
- Be able to work autonomously and unsupervised to consistent high standards
- Willing to work safely and in accordance with site's Safety Health and Management system
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close at 5pm 21st November 2018.